Sunday, April 13, 2008

Answering a Call

You know when the phone rings, my stomach always does a little jump. For some reason, I always wonder why any one would ever call me, and it thrills me to know that someone does. This past weekend I answered a call, not of the telephone type, but of something bigger. I attended a conference in Boulder, Colorado hosted by Women's Adventure magazine for anyone interested in breaking into the magazine industry. They had photo editors and photographers speak and present their stories, knowledge, and ideas on what it takes to be in the business. Can I tell you that I have never been more overwhelmed and awed at the same time. Part of me is thinking there is no way that I could ever break into this industry. The people who presented thier work or knowledge seemed to be at the right place at the right time. Their life just seemed guided by some unknown hand to lead them to where they are right now. Then there is the dreamer inside of me that says I can. I think I will answer that call.

No comments: